Muslim-Newcomer Partner Program Coordinator
Applications will be received through Indeed.
Five Oaks’ vision is of Partner Program Coordinators working together to develop program initiatives for the diverse communities which Five Oaks serves and seeks to serve. Five Oaks seeks to broaden and deepen its intercultural, interfaith, and multi-spiritual presence and programming. Interested candidates are invited to explore with us the way forward in this uncharted and complex endeavor, and demonstrate a commitment to Five Oaks’ mission, values and strategic priorities.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- To animate the Five Oaks vision by bringing together the vision of being an Interfaith/Intercultural community by supporting existing partners and inviting new ones and by encouraging suitable program development for all ages and all peoples.
- To animate the principle of mercy, compassion and justice which are foundational to interfaith work and to work amidst the full breadth of the Muslim, Christian and Indigenous experience – across intersections of race, gender, sexuality and class – can engage with Five Oaks and its vision.
- To work alongside (two) complimentary Partner Program Coordinators offering programming that reflects ‘Indigenous’, ‘settler’, and ‘newcomer’ streams, and to offer opportunities in collaboration for cross stream programming that is in line with the current program direction as set by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- To work under conditions of pandemic and increased awareness of racial injustice to generate relevant, timely, adaptable, responsive program models for racial justice.
Partnership Support and Recruitment:
- Meet with faith and spiritual communities and with Interfaith and First Nations organizations to promote the Five Oaks vision and their use of the Five Oaks facilities.
- Seek out potential leaders, supporters and programs among our partners.
- Meet the needs of our existing faith and cultural partners so they feel welcome and comfortable through such services as appropriate dietary requirements, accommodation, prayer room, visual arts, sacred sites, sacred artifacts or scripture, etc.
- Seek new faith, spiritual and cultural partners.
- Meet with faith and spiritual communities and with Interfaith and “First Nation Organizations, Communities, and Communities of Faith” to promote the Five Oaks vision and their use of the Five Oaks facilities. (In order to reach a variety of potential users of the Centre these are all areas that can be approached)
This work would be accomplished with the support of the Partner Program Team.
Programs – In Collaboration with Partner Program Coordinators, Maintain Interfaith/Intercultural Vision for Five Oaks Programming:
- Oversee the vision of Five Oaks programs as an Interfaith/Intercultural centre, ensuring that the spiritual, educational and leadership development needs of its different constituencies are well served.
- Create and facilitate new pathways and opportunities for engagement, especially with communities for whom the idea of “retreat” and the use of and partnership with a center like Five oaks is new or emerging.
- Develop programs that generate enough revenue to cover the cost of the Interfaith Program Model.
- Enhance private retreat options for individuals.
- Work with potential program leaders and the Fund-Raising and Donor Development team to develop, write and complete grant applications and solicit donations for Five Oaks programs.
- Engage with and build a broader funding base which draws on all of Five Oaks’ family of faith communities and partners.
Five Oaks encourages involvement of volunteers to support the mission of the Centre. The Partner Program Coordinator will recruit and support volunteers that relate to the work of this position.
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Be aware of current trends in Interfaith issues, Truth & Reconciliation work, church and mosque leadership, theology, biblical studies, spiritual deepening, etc.
- Expand relationships with Muslim and Indigenous community organizations, movements, organizing spaces, student communities, with a special emphasis on engaging marginalized and racialized groups.
- Be attentive to the Five Oaks membership and maintain a network of support for people connected with Five Oaks.
- Fulfill other emergent duties as part of the Five Oaks staff team.
- educator and facilitator
- leadership development
- mature decision maker
- works well in a team environment
- creative problem solver
- good communication skills, both written and oral
- independent worker
- organizational and program design
- takes initiative
- computer and digital: Microsoft Office suite including Publisher, PowerPoint; familiarity with social media engagement
- respects and relates well with people from diverse faith, cultural, age and human sexuality backgrounds
- flexible schedule including working overnight and weekends when required
Five Oaks is committed to all aspects of the principle of equity in employment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $23.00-$26.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Five Oaks follows all COVID-’19 safety guideline and provided PPE to staff.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Paris, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Program management: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Applications will be received through Indeed.