All Applications will be received through Indeed.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of Five Oaks. Responsible in assisting the Executive Director in monitoring all financial aspects of the Centre’s new strategic plan implementation. Responsible for the preparation, submission and presentation of reports on all financial activities of the Centre.
- Monitor, analyze and prepare financial information for the Centre based on data from the day-to-day activities, events, functions, donations, grants, investments and sales.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and analysis for key staff.
- Prepare quarterly financials statements and reports for the Executive Director, Finance Committee, Treasurer and the Board of Directors.
- Proactively meet with the Executive Director monthly to review monthly budget variances and any key financial information.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop strategies to try to maintain adequate cash flow during low income periods.
- Prepare payroll and submit all government legislated deductions and group insurance premiums and benefits.
- Maintain general ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sub-ledgers and all accounting records in accordance with corporate and government regulations.
- Ensure that Five Oaks is in compliance with all pertinent Government regulations (payroll deductions, T4, T4A and T4A-NR slips, CEWS grants, PST remittances, incorporation information reporting, annual charitable return, annual GST and PST / HST rebate returns and charitable donation receipts).
- Prepare bank reconciliations, record bank deposits for donations, fees and other revenues, monitor A/R collections, monitor A/P payments and cash flow.
- Receive approved AP invoices and prepare payments on a timely basis.
- Assist operation and program staff to resolve any payment disputes.
- Prepare invoices (primarily for hosted groups) and send to contact people as soon as possible after events, track unpaid invoices, and record data for statistics.
- Review receipts and correspondence for acknowledgement of donations received.
- Work with program staff to determine costing of programs offered by the Centre including ‘bundling’ packages for concurrent and similar programs.
- Follow up with outstanding payments and rental and program closeouts.
- Use Venue 360 booking software, eTapestry Donor Database and Sage 50 Premium Accounting Desktop interchangeably. Make recommendations to hospitality staff on best practices and procedures.
- Work with the Executive Director and staff to prepare an annual budget, including detailed salary and other schedules.
- Prepare for annual audit and work with auditor for timely completion of the audited financial statements.
- Perform other tasks of a financial nature, such as analysis for the Executive Director, and respond to financial enquiries.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information (e.g. budget, salaries, payroll, donor identities, etc.) and the integrity of the Centre.
- Assist in the cross training of staff in performing the critical financial tasks of this role as instructed and approved by the Executive Director.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and support other staff in their work.
Financial Information Systems
- Make proposals for improvements, updates and methods for accounting systems and procedures.
- Drive finance efficiencies by using available software functions and tools.
- Track and analyze social enterprise and licence agreements in a method that allows for transparency and clarity.
- Work with the Executive Director to maintain adequate security over financial and other data.
- Ensure that reporting structures and internal control procedures are adequate and are maintained.
- Provide support to the Executive Director by attending Finance Committee meetings and presenting financial information.
- Work with the Executive Director to monitor and report to the Board of Directors the financial components and impacts of the Strategic Plan implementation.
- Actively participate in budget and other management discussions by providing financial analysis and insight to such matters.
- Provide and review key financial monthly reports (e.g. program results, detailed expenses) with key operations and program staff to help them implement the financial aspects of their roles.
- Authorize and negotiate payments, credit deposits and withdrawals, and term investments.
- Investigate and negotiate insurance coverage for the Centre as appropriate.
- Ensure that Insurance policy is up to date and in line with property needs.
- Be helpful and provide financial information requested by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- · Attention to detail.
- Able to communicate and relate well with people from diverse faith and cultural backgrounds and range of ages.
- Knowledge of ‘Not-for-Profit’ and Charity organizations.
Education and/or Experience
- College Level Bookkeeping or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience with day-to-day bookkeeping experience for a small company or charity with similar responsibilities of this job description.
- Training / Experience in data analysis.
Those interviewed will be required to complete short skill test to indicate use of excel and bookkeeping knowledge. Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Salary: $45,000.00-$54,000.00 per year
- The Financial Administrator reports to and is directly supervised by the Executive Director. It is understood that all staff support and uphold the mission of Five Oaks Education and Retreat Centre, and in this regard, staff work together toward the same goal.
- This position will be 40 hours per week over 5 days per week. Work hours are mainly during the week, with some weekend work as business demands and to meet key quarterly and annual deadlines (e.g. Board reports, annual audit, annual budget).
- All relevant aspects of this position will be carried out and supervised in compliance with human rights legislation and employment equity objectives as set out by the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
- Those interviewed will be required to complete short skill test to indicate use of excel and bookkeeping knowledge.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Five Oaks follows all local requirements and guidelines. Five Oaks has a mandatory vaccination policy for all staff. Education:
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- day to day bookkeeping: 2 years (preferred)
- data analysis: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-04-04