Applications will be received through Indeed
Five Oaks Centre requires a contract staff position to work with the Executive Director to:
- Increase givings through donor development
- Generate funding through effective grant writing
- Organize fundraisers and special appeals
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to create and execute a robust Annual Giving program that delivers growth and an excellent donor experience for current and prospective donors.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies encompassing donor cultivation, solicitation and retention, social media campaigns and event plans.
- Create compelling communications to ensure strong donor retention and donation growth.
- Facilitate fundraising approaches that build relationships with donors, volunteers, and community partners.
- Assist in grant-writing, research, and writing
- Design timely and compelling funding proposals that focus on donor’s values and match them to Five Oaks’ priorities.
- Optimize donor database use to achieve increased giving’s through effective communication strategies. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of donor records. Analyze data to inform and evaluate fundraising strategies.
- Research and recommend new fundraising opportunities.
- Collaborate with staff, members, interfaith and community partners to achieve shared outcomes.
- Continually research and stay current on best practices within fundraising and development.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the success of development for Five Oaks
IT and social media skills sales and negotiation abilities
mature decision maker works well in a team environment
creative problem solver good communication skills, both written and oral
independent worker administrative and project management skills
takes initiative confidence to make the asks of donors
respects and relates well with people from diverse faith, cultural, age and human sexuality
flexible schedule including working overnight and weekends when required
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, fundraising, or any related field
- Minimum of three years of experience and demonstrated success in fund development and communications in the charitable sector, leading and executing fundraising campaigns that deliver growth, with direct marketing, story-telling, and excellent donor development experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organizational, collaboration, resiliency, and time management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and situations with professionalism, sensitivity, and discretion.
- Self-directed with high capacity to manage multiple priorities and timelines, with a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and strong aptitude and proven experience in fundraising systems.
The Fundraising Coordinator report to and is directly supervised by the Executive Director, and in their absence, the Chair of the Board. The relationship between staff and Board of Directors is founded on a basis of honesty and mutual respect. It is understood that the Donor Development, Grant and Fundraising Coordinator and management team are there to support and uphold the mission of Five Oaks Education and Retreat Centre, and in this regard, are working together toward the same goal. A vulnerable sector records check will be required.
This offer is conditional upon the results of a vulnerable sector police records search to be provided by you, which must be satisfactory to Five Oaks in its sole discretion.
Hours of Work
The position will average 10 hours/week through the year but will not be uniform each week. Hours will be negotiated if additional time is required around a fundraising activity. Office hours are scheduled mainly during the day between 8am am to 6pm. You will be required to work some weekends and/or holidays per month, based on business demands or as needed on-call as negotiated.
This position is a one-year contract position, with an opportunity for extension and growth of hours dependent on achievements and deliverables.
All relevant aspects of this position will be carried out and supervised in compliance with human rights legislation and employment equity objectives as set out by the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
Five Oaks is committed to all aspects of the principle of equity in employment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Visit the Indeed post to submit your Application.
Date of Revision: November 5, 2020