Applications will be received through Indeed
Five Oaks is committed to all aspects of the principle of equity in employment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Your Indigenous/Muslim/BIPOC experience is an asset in this position and we welcome applications from Indigenous/Muslim/BIPOC peoples.
Under the supervision and direction of the Day Camp Director and Executive Director, the Acorn Adventure Counsellor will:
- Work alongside the Day Camp team to provide fun safe programming for the campers of Acorn Adventure Day Camp.
- Gain experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Ensure campers follow health and safety rules, and all policies and procedures
- Accommodate the special medical needs of any of your campers.
- Document and report to the Director any camper disclosures of abuse, and call CAS/FACS.
Assets of Applicants
Any or all of the following skills and experiences are an asset:
- Comfort working outdoors, and in a wide range of tasks.
- Experience as a Counsellor in a children’s camp setting.
- Involvement in community groups and/or interfaith communities
- Experience being in leadership position
- Capacity to work positively with diverse groups and leading children and youth is a requirement.
The potential of accommodation in our on-site housing facilities if you do not live in the area is a possibility.
To be eligible for this position, you must be available for the tenure of the position (this includes necessary pre-camp training, all summer sessions, and end of summer staff clean-up and debrief days).
Education and/or Experience
- Experience working outdoors
- Experience working with children and youth
- Pursuit of high school, college or university diploma
- Valid NLS or First Aid Certification is not requirement but is an asset
Hours of Work
This position will be 40 hours per week from June 28th to September 3rd. Shifts are scheduled during the day between 8am am to 6pm. Employment is conditional on developments in the COVID 19 pandemic and their effects on camp programming.
Expected start date
summer, summer camp, summer student, camp, camp counsellor, student
$14.00-$17.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Five Oaks follows all local public health requirements, and offers a flexible schedule in order that employees are safe during COVID-19.
Camp: 1 year (preferred)
First Aid Training (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Visit the Indeed post to submit your Application.
Date of Revision: April 9, 2021