Applications will be received through Indeed
Under the supervision and direction of the Day Camp Director and Executive Director, the Acorn Adventure Counsellor will:
- Work alongside the Day Camp team to provide fun safe programming for the campers of Acorn Adventure Day Camp.
- Gain experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Ensure campers follow health and safety rules, and all policies and procedures
- Accommodate the special medical needs of any of your campers.
- Document and report to the Director any camper disclosures of abuse, and call CAS/FACS.
Assets of Applicants:
Any or all of the following skills and experiences are an asset:
- Comfort working outdoors, and in a wide range of tasks.
- Experience as a Counsellor in a children’s camp setting.
- Involvement in community groups and/or interfaith communities
- Experience being in leadership position
- Capacity to work positively with diverse groups and leading children and youth is a requirement.
The potential of accommodation in our on-site housing facilities if you do not live in the area is a possibility.
The Acorn Adventure Counsellor reports to and is directly supervised by the Day Camp Director. The relationship between staff and Board is founded on a basis of honesty and mutual respect. It is understood that the staff and management team are there to support and uphold the mission of Five Oaks Centre, and in this regard, are working together toward the same goal.
This offer is conditional upon the results of a vulnerable sector police records search to be provided by you, which must be satisfactory to Five Oaks in its sole discretion.
To be eligible for this position, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada. Must be available for the tenure of the position (this includes necessary pre-camp training, all summer sessions, and end of summer staff clean-up and debrief days).
Education and/or Experience
Experience working outdoors
Experience working with children and youth
Pursuit of high school, college or university diploma
Valid NLS or First Aid Certification is not requirement but encouraged
Hours of Work
This position will be 40 hours per week from June 28th to September 3rd. Shifts are scheduled during the day between 8am am to 6pm. Employment is conditional on developments in the COVID 19 pandemic and their effects on camp programming.
Rate of Pay
$15.00 per hour.
All relevant aspects of this position will be carried out and supervised in compliance with human rights legislation and employment equity objectives as set out by the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
Five Oaks is committed to all aspects of the principle of equity in employment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Visit the Indeed post to submit your Application.
Date of Revision: December 4, 2020