Five Oaks Administrator
$20–$22 an hour – Full-time, Permanent
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
As the Five Oaks Administrator, you will be responsible for general administrative support including financial administration, human resources administration and office administration while supporting both the General Manager and Executive Director. This role is the key support to front office functions and is the primary contact for guests, providing ongoing guest services through information sharing, problem solving, analyzing challenges, providing solutions, and completing jobs in a timely manner.
Details of Responsibilities as the Five Oaks Administrator
- Code and key accounts payable and process timely payments by cheque, online and credit card.
- Key and verify invoices using appropriate information and coding by division and cost code.
- Work with staff to enter all invoices.
- Balance statements from vendors.
- Investigate all discrepancies with vendor invoice totals and find appropriate resolution.
- Maintain current A/R accounts. Investigate, adjust and resolve any outstanding balances.
- Process payments received by cheque, credit card, e-transfer, money order and cash.
- Customer invoicing as required for service divisions.
- File and sort documents (paper and electronically, creating consolidated reports when necessary)
- Review receipts and correspondence for acknowledgement of donations received.
- Receive timesheets for supervisor approval.
- Enter into payroll service provided and request approvals for submission.
- Monitor payroll on a bi-weekly basis for any payroll deductions etc.
- Prepare payroll & government returns and remittances and payments.
Human Resources Administration
- Processing T4s, ROEs.
- Maintain vacation, sick leave and attendance records.
- Maintain list of employees training qualifications.
- New employee orientation – review all new hire paperwork with new hires, distribute employee handbook and policies.
- Accept job applications, review and prioritize.
- Assist managers in placing job ads.
Office Organization and Administration
- Answer phone calls.
- Receive ‘admin’ emails, preparing reports, save in online and paper files.
- Perform communication functions on behalf of the Executive Director and create email and telephone communication priorities.
- Enter new contact information into QuickBooks and/or donor software.
- Responsible for filing all documents, electronic and paper, invoices, ownerships, employee information, etc, daily.
- Ensures that customer contracts and files for A/R, A/P, Banking, Machinery, Vehicles, taxes, etc. are maintained in good order.
- Document procedures, processes and policies.
- Manage event planning for Staff events and Five Oaks Board and Committee meetings, including logistics related to facilities, catering and AV support. Assistance with communications, meeting materials, speaker confirmations and support, minute and board package circulation.
- Prepare presentations, slideshows and documents as required.
- Provide support to our board and senior staff.
- Draft contracts and act as a resource to staff members on contract issues.
- Primary Staff for greeting and communicating with customers.
- Gather complete lead information from potential customers into Venue360.
- Ability to move light furniture.
- Diploma or equivalent experience, preferably in bookkeeping and/or business administration.
- Work experience preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and appropriately with high-level professionals, boards, committees, volunteers, and staff.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills.
- Strong Quickbooks Online skills
- Database management experience.
- Great communicator. You have excellent oral and written communication. You effectively communicate and coordinate effectively at every level.
- Competent with QuickBooks Online Accounting and Microsoft Suite.
- Proficient with computers, very technologically savvy.
- Strong project manager. You are exceptionally skilled at juggling multiple tasks, allocating and optimizing resources, and managing timelines. You manage a task from start to finish and keep everyone appropriately informed.
- Problem solver. You like to solve a variety of problems – no task is too big or too small. You think ahead, consider all the variables, and anticipate challenges.
- Detail oriented. You are meticulously attentive to details, get it right the first time, and accurately keep track of all the moving parts.
- Autonomous. Although we stay in close communication with each other, we don’t micromanage. We trust you to do your job well without much supervision, but to know when to seek guidance from senior staff. You are comfortable taking initiative.
- Service-driven. You are self-confident and assertive, approachable, and responsive. You understand the mission, needs, and direction of the organization.
- Organizational agility. You have a collaborative work style and are able work across departments to get the results and support you need.
Additional responsibilities, duties and projects may be assigned.
This offer is conditional upon the results of a vulnerable sector police records search to be provided by you, which must be satisfactory to Five Oaks in its sole discretion.
The Five Oaks Administrator reports to and is directly supervised by the Executive Director, and in their absence the General Manager. The relationship between staff and Board is founded on a basis of honesty and mutual respect. It is understood that the Five Oaks Administrator and management team are there to support and uphold the mission of Five Oaks Centre, and in this regard, are working together toward the same goal.
This position will be 30-35 hours per week. While shifts are scheduled for 8 hours, mainly during the day (8 am – 6 pm), weekends and holidays will be required based on business demands.
All relevant aspects of this position will be carried out and supervised in compliance with human rights legislation and employment equity objectives as set out by the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
Five Oaks is committed to all aspects of the principle of equity in employment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
8-hour shift, weekends as needed
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
Paris, ON N3L 3E3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person