Amenities & Services
Indoor Amenities & Services
- Dining Hall
- Fireplaces (electric) – House on the Hill Meeting Space, Chalet Meeting Space
- Fireplaces (wood burning) – Main Building Upper Room, Summer Centre Dining Hall
- Grand River Bookstore ($)
- Interfaith Prayer Room
- Labyrinth ($)
- On-site catering ($) / option to self-cater in select buildings
- Spiritual companionship ($)
- Team building and experiential learning for groups ($)
- Meeting spaces ($)
- WiFi in Upper Campus buildings
Interfaith Prayer Room
The Star Prayer Room at Five Oaks is a space for prayer, meditation, quiet reading, reflection or small gatherings. It has undergone a ‘makeover’ which creates a welcome space for and affirm the spiritual practices of our Vision Partner traditions. It is available for all guests on site to use.
The Grand River Bookstore has been at Five Oaks since the 1990s. The Bookstore is a wonderful treasure to have on site, so be sure to browse through the collection during your stay. You may want to check out “The Story of Five Oaks” or “Seasons at the Centre” for historic information about Five Oaks. Please contact the Bookstore Manager regarding your resource needs. The open hours are Monday to Friday 9am–5pm and Saturday 10am–2pm.
If you are coming to Five Oaks for spiritual reflection, you can request the services of a spiritual director. With this person you may want to spend an hour walking the labyrinth or sitting on a bench to explore your spiritual longings or questions.
Outdoor Amenities & Services
- Basketball courts
- Campfire pits (including one riverside and one by the spring fed creek)
- Fishing access by permission
- Fly fishing instruction ($)
- Gazebo and outdoor seating areas
- Guided hikes ($)
- Horseshoe pits
- Large playing field
- Playground with sandbox
- River access for paddlers via a licensed outfitter ($)
- Sports equipment
- Swimming pool ($)
- Volleyball net
- Wooded areas with nature trails
There are campfire pits around the property which groups may use during their stay. Firewood for basic campfires is provided, but guests should bring their own lighter or matches. Depending on which building you stay in, upon request, we will reserve the nearest fire pit for your group.
A labyrinth is a sacred pattern that is used as a walking meditation. There is no right or wrong way to walk the labyrinth. Simply walk it with an open mind and an open heart. For a more detailed information sheet, come by the office. Guided walks of the labyrinth can be booked in advance through one of our Partners.
Click here for Self Guided Instructions on Experiencing the Labyrinth.
The outdoor heated pool is open from the long weekend in May to Labour Day. Swim times must be reserved in advance and will include a Lifeguard provided and insured by Five Oaks.
The 2023 rate is $100 per hour plus 15 minutes to enter and exit the dressing rooms. Pool area capacity is 29 people. Small groups of up to 10 may be able to reserve without a lifeguard.
The pool has a shallow end of 3.6 feet and a deep end of 10 feet with a water slide and a diving board.