April 18, 2020
March 24, 2020
Yesterday, the Premier of Ontario announced that all non-essential businesses must close. Five Oaks will cease operations until further notice and is not at this time able to welcome guests, non-essential staff and volunteers to the site. We have reduced our staffing configuration with temporary layoffs and have reduced the hours of other staff. We have a dedicated group of folks living onsite to ensure our facility is secure and pray that soon we will be able to resume operations.
Your support is more important now than ever. We look forward to communicating with you in the coming weeks about our plans and progress. Should you wish to reach out, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 17, 2020
Today, the Board of Directors and I made the difficult yet obvious decision to close the centre to the public until the Coronavirus outbreak is resolved. This will come into effect Wednesday, March 18 at 5:00pm.
We do not know how long this will last for. We ask that if you need to come into the building that you do not visit if you are sick, have travelled out of Canada in the last 14 days or feel you could have come into contact with the virus. Please ensure that you are taking every precaution necessary.
There will be a staff member in the office Monday to Saturday to answer the phone and continue to work. Other staff will work offsite. This will be the practice until/if a new position by government is introduced.
Stay tuned for more information in the days to come. Your continued support of the centre will be needed.
We look forward to a sunnier times , until then, I wish everyone well.
March 13, 2020
Five Oaks is open and continues to be a sacred place where people, as individuals or in intentional community, come apart to look deeply into their own lives and the world in light of faith and values, and find their calling to participate in Spirit’s healing work in creation. Five Oaks has been monitoring closely the developments of COVID-19 and is following the instructions of all levels of government. Our efforts to mitigate its spread are guided by the research and response by Brant County Health Unit, the Government of Ontario, and the Government of Canada.
The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. Below is a full description which outlines the steps that we have taken to date. We are happy to have a conversation with you in more detail regarding any item that is outlined in the attached document. Please give us a call.
You are welcome to visit this sacred space to find connection with the earth, yourself and your family. Come on your own, with a friend, or with your kids to walk our trails, spend time on the labyrinth or sit by the river in communion with Creator. We are open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm for community access – visit us at the office upon arrival. A free will donation can be offered and is deeply appreciated.
March 13, 2020
Airborne Virus Preparedness – Quick Facts for Guests
Five Oaks continues to be sacred place where people, as individuals or in intentional community, come apart to look deeply into their own lives and the world in light of faith and values, and find their calling to participate in Spirit’s healing work in creation. In order for Five Oaks centre to be as prepared as possible for Coronavirus, the following document has been created for your information.
Five Oaks is open and welcomes you;
On top of already a high degree of cleanliness, Five Oaks is taking the following additional steps:
- Sanitation of railings and doorknobs to bathrooms and hallway/entry-exit doorways
- Surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) to be wiped with disinfectant regularly
- Display posters in public areas
- Sanitation of dining room tables after each meal with industrial strength sanitizer
- Daily sanitation of washrooms in occupied areas
- Added hand sanitizer to entryways and meeting spaces
- Tissues in all meeting rooms and bedrooms.
- In rooms or offices where a staff member or guest has had a cold, additional deep cleaning of all hard and porous surfaces should be followed including wipe down of all surfaces and the laundering of all fabrics before the next guest arrives.
- We ask staff, guests and visitors to take all personal precautions as suggested by health authorities-washing hands, using sanitizers, staying home if they see any symptoms, etc.;
- We ask that if a guest in your group develops symptoms while they are here to please let us know right away;
- Five Oaks is in touch with local health authorities and is on top of situation and will follow their guidance and advice;
- Five Oaks requires full contact information for all guests including address, telephone number and email address. Five Oaks will provide a form for group leaders to complete prior to arrival;
- Five Oaks will continue to have open and honest communications and;
- Five Oaks will have an open conversation about postponed bookings or participation in programs one month prior to scheduled dates. Should the need arise to postpone a booking, a 10% cancellation charge will be applied for administrative coverage and the remaining deposit will be forwarded to your rescheduled date. Should you choose to fully cancel your booking, the 30% cancellation fee will be applied.