Opportunity: Be a Volunteer Weekend Host
Five Oaks is looking for people willing to become Volunteer Weekend Hosts.
Skills/Knowledge required: Experience with Five Oaks. Previous experience in leadership position, preferably within Five Oaks. A can-do attitude and creative problem-solving within organizational and safety boundaries
As Volunteer Weekend Host, you are the first person that most groups will meet when they come to Five Oaks. As such it is important that you are able to give our guests a good first impression.
In this role, you will be expected to have the knowledge, attitude and skills needed to:
- Welcome guests as they arrive
- Provide tours of the facility
- Assist guests to find their rooms and meeting spaces
- Help guests to settle into their accommodations
- Provide individuals and groups with orientation shortly after their arrival
- Be a visible hospitable presence during busy periods of the day
- Promptly respond to guests’ needs and requests in a gracious manner
- Carry the weekend host cell phone at all times, day and night
- Offer chapel at the group’s or individual’s request
- Offer a listening and healing presence to guests, when required
- Model calm and sound leadership during unexpected events such as a power outage, safety concerns and facility issues etc.
- Exhibit great care and responsibility for the guests’ wellbeing by following Five Oaks’ outlined policies, procedures and practices.
- Check the tap water on the weekends and holidays. Check pool water during the summer months.
- Ensure the security of the grounds and responding to needs that arise.
- Show guest the Bulletin Board which has rooming list and emergency contact #519-825-3212 and Wi-Fi password.
- For overnight guests a reminder to help us be eco-friendly by conserving water, turning off lights and shutting fire doors as part of safety procedures.
- Empty garbage and recycling as needed in dining room.
- Replace water jug on Culligan water in dining room as needed.
- Wear a nametag which states that you have a Five Oaks official role and helps them know you.
This position includes access to the Weekend Host Suite. If on-site catering has been requested by the group, complimentary meals for up to 2 volunteers are included. If catering is not available, hosts can use the New Hall Kitchen to prepare their own meals.