Five Oaks is seeking an experienced and innovative individual to join our team as Operations Manager at our spiritual/healing centre near Paris, ON.
Applications will be received through Indeed
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Overall assistance for planning, coordinating and supervising the day-to-day operations of the Centre to ensure that program participants, leaders and hosted groups are informed, welcomed, fed, and cared for in the best way possible in a well-maintained facility. In the absence of the Bookings, Contract and Registration Administrator, the position will assume those responsibilities. The Operations Coordinator will have direct supervision of the Bookings, Contract and Registration Administrator, the Catering Coordinator and the Lead Housekeeper. Under the supervision and direction of the Executive Director the Operations Coordinator will:
Program and Hosted Group Support:
- Professionally and promptly respond to phone, email and in-person inquiries about the facilities. Provide tours of the space when the Bookings, Contact and Registration Administrator is not available.
- Perform up-sell and cross-selling. For up-selling, work with corresponding suppliers of services.
- Work with Executive Director for support staff requirements and to ensure optimal facility management.
- Manage logistics and arrange payments for operational contracts.
- Greet all users and their guests in a professional, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Oversee room setup and provide logistical/technical support for projectors, conference phone lines, temperature settings, use of kitchen areas, and access to storage facilities.
- Enforce policies effectively and graciously.
- Ensure that equipment is accessible and well maintained.
- Collaborate with staff to develop policies and procedures related to event rentals, including contract preparation, booking procedures and fee structures for internal and external customer groups; facility hours and availability; approved/preferred vendors; setup options and space capacity/restrictions.
- Monitor guests’ levels of satisfaction and work to continually improve guests’ experiences
- Generate new business including participating on Property-Operations Committee, joining networks, providing visible presence within the local community and broader Vision Partner networks.
- Supervision and oversight of the Bookings, Contract and Registration process, including associated staff.
- Supervision and oversight of housekeeping, including associated staff.
- Supervision and oversight of the catering social enterprise, including associated staff.
- Management of supplier and vendor relationships and supplier contract negotiation.
- Continuous improvement with regard to cleanliness, health and safety and facilities condition.Provide leadership to the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Create and communicate the weekly occupancy schedule.
- Work effectively with volunteers and staff.
- Provide a monthly report to the Executive Director.
- Hospitality hours will require working one weekend per month, as well as on-call.
- Oversee the recording of monies received for programs and donations into software.
- Forward operational contracts (Lift, Water, Waste, Pest Control, Copier, etc.,) to Executive Director for approval.
- Organize and Order office supplies.
- Ability to move light furniture.
- Other duties as may be requested by other office staff.
- Other dues as assigned.
Hospitality Able to multi-task
Oral and written communications Computer proficiency
Excellent interpersonally Input to Planning and Forecasting
Administrative & Organizational Intercultural sensitivity
Adept at learning/teaching office software Knowledge of health & safety
Able to coach and work with volunteers Team player
Commitment to Five Oaks Work with minimal supervision
Staff Supervision Offers Sensitive Feedback
Additional responsibilities, duties and projects may be assigned as the new operating model continues to unfold.
Education and Experience
Education: College or university graduate and/or relevant experience. Courses in the hospitality industry, office/business management, computer software
Experience: Five years of work experience preferably in a hospitality setting, organizer for events or functions or in a similar place to the Centre.
The Operations Coordinator reports to and is directly supervised by the Executive Director, and in their absence the Board of Directors’ chairperson. The relationship between staff and Board is founded on a basis of honesty and mutual respect. It is understood that the Operations Coordinator and management team are there to support and uphold the mission of Five Oaks Education and Retreat Centre, and in this regard, are working together toward the same goal.
This position will be 20 hours per week, dependent on suitable candidate’s availability. While shifts are mainly during the day (9 am – 6 pm), the candidate will be required to work 1 weekend and/or holidays per month, based on business demands, flexing to 40 hours per week during peek seasons.
All relevant aspects of this position will be carried out and supervised in compliance with human rights legislation and employment equity objectives as set out by the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
Visit the Indeed post to submit your Application.
Date of Revision: January 2020